Do you take Apple Pay? That question could soon be as common as, “Do you take Visa?”
For anyone who hasn’t been overwhelmed by recent headlines, Apple Pay enables mobile payments for goods and services via iPhones, both in stores and within participating apps. Say goodbye to the wallet, your phone is all you need!
But, not just anyone, anywhere can use Apple Pay. Here are the basic things you need to know:
- You must have an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus (and iOS v8.1)
- You must be in the United States, supposedly.
- The retailer must support (NFC) payments
- It’s easy, but remember, it’s still very new – expect shock and confusion
- It’s actually pretty secure, using “tokenization” to keep data safe.
- Thousands of retailers have been keen to jump on board, but others have their hesitations or hurdles.
- Don’t use Apple? Well, Google has had a similar service for years.
Have you tried Apple Pay yet? Let us know your experiences.